It goes without saying that the past few months have offered unprecedented challenges. When we transitioned to a telehealth-only program in March, we were so impressed with our staff, who expediently transitioned to delivering virtual services with the same care and compassion as in our onsite program, and with our clients, who continued to demonstrate the same motivation and willingness to move treatment goals forward, even with a new virtual treatment model that likely felt foreign to how they conceptualized the treatment experience.
In the wake of the Coronavirus outbreak, our leadership team has been constantly monitoring the virus, and working diligently to develop in-person services that take into account the effect and impact of the virus. We are pleased to announce that we have adapted our telehealth program and developed a hybrid model that will offer a treatment program that will combine in-person and virtual services.
For the time being, we have decided not to return to our center on Bundy, but instead have tailored an outdoor space to offer programming in a safe and comfortable setting. Given the most recent reporting which suggests that outdoor spaces may provide less risk of infection than indoor options, we feel that this is the safest alternative for our clients. We also feel that in these times of reduced activities and stay-at-home living, outdoor programming offers clients a unique opportunity to spend time outside, in the fresh air, with each other.
We will observe safety protocols and guidelines designated by local, state and federal authorities and will continue to evaluate and update these measures as needed. Here are the health and safety procedures that we have implemented for our outdoor programming:
- Daily health screening for all staff and clients
- Temperature checks for everyone upon arrival
- Mask usage for all clients and staff, including upon arrival
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet will be maintained throughout all activities
- Chairs for all groups have been spaced at a minimum of six feet apart
- All touch surfaces are cleaned with a CDC recommended bleach solution, prior to each group meeting
- Clients are required to use hand sanitizer upon arrival and right before leaving for the day
- Hand sanitizer stations have been set up throughout the outdoor space
- We have a clean mobile restroom with running water and an additional outdoor handwashing station. Anti-bacterial hand soap is at each sink.
We look forward to providing groups in person in this comfortable setting, and it is our hope that such meetings will not only enhance the treatment but will support the well-being of all the clients who take part.
We recognize that some clients may not be able to join in-person programming and we will continue to offer full telehealth programming, where clients will be able to join outdoor groups via HIPAA-compliant virtual technology.
Please feel free to reach out to us to find out more about our hybrid solutions for treatment programming.